Lower costs during construction by taking advantage of preconstruction services!
What are Preconstruction Services and How Does Marlin Buckley, P.C. Help with Preconstruction?
When you are in the planning phase of a construction project, before any actual construction begins, you may need expert help planning, designing, and coordinating all phases of the project to meet specific requirements and stay on budget. If you need preconstruction services, Marlin Buckley P.C. supplies experts in all facets of construction who have the experience to keep your project on track and on budget.
What is Included in Preconstruction Services?
Pre-construction services include:
- Estimates and agreement on Guaranteed Maximum Price or GMP
- Evaluation of costs such as permits and land acquisition
- Investigating the site
- Consultation on design
- Evaluations and studies
- Determining value using engineering and analysis
- Hiring or assigning a project manager and the rest of the crew and more
What is the Process used During Preconstruction Services?
During preconstruction the process often follows this sequence of events:
- Initial Meeting
- Project Evaluation
- Schematic Design Creation
- Budget Estimate
- Material and Equipment Selection
- Value Engineering
- Site Evaluation
- Get the Required Permits and Approvals
- Design Document Review
- Create a Schedule
- Establish the GMP
- Package the Specifications for the Bids
- Create a Safety Plan
What Happens in a Preconstruction Initial Meeting?
- Review objectives
- Review budget
- Follow up meetings may be necessary as the preconstruction research and findings progress
What is Involved in the Preconstruction Project Evaluation?
- Define project needs and expectations.
- Conceptualization of the building and materials that will be used.
- Basic floor plans showing process flow.
- Selection of inspectors and design consultants.
What is Involved with Schematic Design Creation?
- Provide an initial schematic used for client feedback and as part of the bid package.
What is Included in Budget Estimates During Preconstruction?
- Cost of materials
- Cost of equipment
- Cost of subcontractors
- Cost of potential problems
- Areas for savings
What is Meant by Material and Equipment Selection in Preconstruction?
- Analysis of the building systems and equipment required to use that system.
- Identification of potential areas for cost savings.
- Identification of possible sustainable design opportunities.
What is Meant by Value Engineering in Preconstruction?
- Determine if the amount of work is in the client’s budget.
- Projected cost analysis with solutions for cost saving alternatives.
Preconstruction Site Analysis
- Visit the site and do a requirement feasibility check.
- Predict potential added costs.
- Create a “site master plan” showing landscaping, parking, foundation, etc.
Preconstruction and the Required Permits and Approvals
- Get building permits
- Get site plan approval
- Get utility permits and any other permits if necessary
Design Review During Preconstruction Involves
- Ensure the design will meet the specifications.
- Ensure the right materials are specified.
- Get a team consensus on the design specifications.
Next Create the Schedule
- Include milestones for approvals
- Define start times, intermittent due dates and final project end date projection.
Establish the GMP
- Use cost models and all data evaluated during preconstruction to estimate final project budget.
The Next Step of Preconstruction is to Package the Specifications for the Bids
- This may also include a short list of construction companies
- After the final bid is received, they will all be evaluated and a construction company selected.
- The schedule will then be finalized.
Final Step in Preconstruction is to Create a Safety Plan
- Include guidelines for local, state, and federal regulations
- Identification of potential safety hazards on the project
- Identification of situations on the project and safety considerations.
Why Choose Marlin Buckley PC for your Preconstruction Services
Save money on your construction projects with well planned, scheduled and estimated projects by using the experienced staff at Marlin Buckley P.C. With the right preconstruction planning, your project is far more likely to be smooth and stay within budget. Contact us for a free consultation.